Every time you don’t use violence or its threat in your interpersonal dealings and it works, you experience working anarchy.
If the only thing stopping you from robbing, raping and murdering rampage is the threatening look of a cop on the street corner, anarchy will not work for you.
Dear members of the moderate left,
America is suffering from rampant, run-away corporatism and crony capitalism. We are increasingly a plutocracy in which government serves the interests of elite financiers and CEOs at the expense of everyone else.
You know this and you complain loudly about it. But the problem is your fault. You caused this state of affairs. Stop it.
It is not the case that [free market] capitalism “encourages greed,” though we hear this constantly from socialists and “traditionalists.” Capitalism is merely a series of exchanges, bounded by property and contract. “Greed” will be evident in any system — full-fledged socialism, medieval guildism, crony capitalism, whatever. The difference is that in those systems, people improve their position by harming others, and only by harming others. Under the market, where the consumer is king, one advances by pleasing his fellow man.
The Eight Marks of Fascist Policy:
1. The government is totalitarian because it acknowledges no restraint on its powers.
2. Government is a de facto dictatorship based on the leadership principle.
3. Government administers a capitalist system with an immense bureaucracy.
4. Producers are organized into cartels in the way of syndicalism.
5. Economic planning is based on the principle of autarky.
6. Government sustains economic life through spending and borrowing.
7. Militarism is a mainstay of government spending.
8. Military spending has imperialist aims.
Probably not blogs, because they obviously didn’t consider copyright takedowns censorship.
Some of the answers seem to be mixed up a bit. Why would violently preventing two consenting parties (a hospital and mcdonalds) to cooperate be considered “anarchistic”? I thought anarchists would abstain from imposing their morality and preferences on others…